Mamie Rae

Saturday, 11 June 2011

First crafting challenge card

Having never done any of these before, but desperately needing something to focus on other than my grief of the past week & my declining health issues, this proved to be a really good cathartic task - a nice manageable (for me at least) sketch by Bev was provided as the Challenge on the Wild Orchid Crafts blog and given these are my 2 favourite crafting sites of late, it was a challenge I couldn't resist.


 While most others doing such challenges will do stamping, I've not yet managed to master the colouring well enough to do the same, so stuck with what I am more familiar with and which also hopefully provides others with some equal inspiration.  So this card features (once again) a Morehead design with some beautiful colours.  


"Recipe" is as follows:
Background papers - own stash (unsure if they're both from Scissor Sisters)
Decoupage - Morehead design - Jackson PaperTole (Ref: Morehead-33 11052-036)
Roses - 20 mm, 15 mm, 10 mm & pink rosebuds, with punchie leaves
Butterfly Charm - local shop.
Adhesive Gems - own stash.
Border punched with Martha Stewart Lace punch
Greeting & tag made from own stock




Regardless of whether this might have any hope of winning the challenge it has been great in helping to distract me for a few hours in the day.  But once again it’s revealing how I’m soon going to have to either change how I do things or stop altogether as my hand arthritis is now extremely painful to work against :(.  But for now, making these cards is my distraction from the bigger more generalised pain I have to contend with.

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment