Mamie Rae

Tuesday, 11 September 2012

Layer it Up - WOC challenge card



Don’t know where I’d be on this blog if it weren’t for wonderful Wild Orchid Crafts challenges to get me motivated to make cards for it :).   I’ve let both cards & blog slide of late as my wonderful mum of 85 died 3 wks ago from pneumonia  coupled with  her longstanding COPD.  While we always knew she was sliding towards this point for a while now, she’d been in superb health right up until 2 wks prior to her death, which was a good thing but gave us no hint of what was to unfold.  So it’s been somewhat of a shock to lose her so unexpectedly but a blessing she’s finally out of the torture of that disease (result of a 30-year smoking history ) and at peace in heaven.

SO, anyways, the challenge this time is “Layer it up” using 3 or more layers – I’m not 100% sure of exactly what constitutes a layer as such (brains not working the best just now), but *think* I have 5 or so.   I’ve unfortunately cropped the image a bit short around the edges to see but the base layer is gold paper on top of the white base card which shows as a border all round (if that makes sense).  Next layer is then the red/gold filigree paper.  After that comes gold card onto which is matted the green multi paper, with the lace at the bottom of it.  And  finally there’s the red layer which the image is matted onto.  
 The image is one of the wonderful LOTV Christmas stamps – “Christmas Snooze” which has become one of my all-time favourites.   Coloured as always with Copics.   Finally finished the card off with some wonderful red, green & white roses from WOC and some gold “sprays” from my stash, a lovely red/gold bow, & a circle sentiment with some glitter dots and snowflakes.  For a change I made it as a landscape fold card rather than an easel.
The inside is decorated to complement the front & the sentiment block has a suitable Christmas scripture.  

This is one of my favourite cards for one of my favourite challenges so a great way to get me motivated once again to tackle the Christmas card orders piling up – time always escapes me at this point of the year – seems like no matter how early I start I never have enough time to get all the C. cards I need made.  SO back to grindstone once again :).

Enjoy

2 comments:

  1. Hi sweetie this is so gorgeous, fabulous colours too, thank you for joining us at Wild Orchid Craft's this time hugs pops x x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Pops, always enjoy the opportunity & of course love seeing your own designs as well :) x

    ReplyDelete