Mamie Rae

Friday, 12 October 2012

"Anything Goes" WOC Challenge October



Another wonderful Wild Orchid Challenge to enter – don’t know where I’d be if I didn’t have these to aim for and give me the push to get some of my creations up on my blog, as I just never seem to have much time these days to look sideways, so rarely get round to writing blog articles.

Anyway – this challenge is another great easy “Anything Goes” and for me, that’s the best as it allows me to put up something within my own style rather than trying to fit into a category for the sake of it.

The card this time is fairly simple and basic but I feel hits the spot where Christmas is concerned with its wonderful Christmas colours.   I’ve used a Nestabilities Labels 18 die to cut out a frame in some red scrolls paper (Craft Creations) and then edged around the frame with gold pen.
Before affixing the flowers I stuck this onto a square piece of heavyweight cardboard which had a rectangle cut out to match the frame if that makes sense – this was just to provide a bit more depth than I’d have had just sticking it straight onto the base card.   

 Only once that was all put together & attached to the base card did I start working on the floral spray using just two simple colours of WOC flowers – red & “gold” which I also embellished with gold glitter glue to highlight them even more.   I also added some gold Fleur-de-Lis punched corners to provide yet more “glitz”.  A gold edged red double bow & some gold sprays finished the whole thing off. (Apologies for the poor colour - the leaves are truly green & not blue as they appear here - not sure what went wrong wtih that shot :( ).

As usual the inside is decorated to match the front.

I’ve done a couple of others in a similar vein but using gold/brown instead which have also turned out quite well, but for me, you can’t beat red/gold at this wonderful time of year!!

Enjoy :)

1 comment:

  1. Georgeous! Thank you for taking part in our anything goes challenge at WOC :)
    Hugs, Lena Katrine

    ReplyDelete