Mamie Rae

Thursday, 15 August 2013

Finally back in action with another WOC Challenge :)


After having spent almost entirely 3 months in hospital from April through June with just the odd few days respite, from complications resulting from my Sjogren's Syndrome, it's been wonderful to finally feel up to card making at last, and to actually have managed to stay out of hospital (although came really close on quite a few occasions of late!).

So it's nice to be able to make a good card for this Wild Orchid's Craft challenge which once again (thankfully for me) is "Anything Goes", as I doubt I'm in the headspace to be ultra creative just now.   But this little easel card was relatively quick & easy to put together.  I’m just SO grateful to Joanna Sheen for somehow managing to persuade Thomas Kinkade to allow the crafting community to have access to so many of his wonderful paintings to use on cards – think I’ll be making these for years yet to come.

Anyway – this particular design is called Calendar Cottage and has a red & cream theme).  Once again, it’s a pyramaged (raised) design, which has been matted onto a background with a lace & red diecut border.  Roses are in red & cream with a couple of white pearl sprays in the bottom set.
 The inside as always has been finished to complement the front, with the same lace & border embellishments & a red diecut label on which I’ve put a peel-off – only because I’m putting this card in my shop & want to easily be able to change the greeting if necessary.

Apologies for only 1 photo this time but my camera’s died on me so not able to get any more just now but will update later when I get sorted.

Enjoy!


1 comment:

  1. So sweet :) But you have to link back to our challenge blog to qualify in our challenges(Wild Orchid Challenges), sorry....

    ReplyDelete