Mamie Rae

Friday 25 October 2013

Christmas in verse


I’ve been making quite a few of these very simple, quick, yet effective cards in my quest to try & fill all my family/friend orders before the middle of November.  So much to do, so little time left as the year races to its glorious conclusion once again.  Did I mention yet that I love, Love, LOVE this time of year.  From the darkening evenings, through to the snow, every day of it is just wonderful, primarily because it provides a good excuse for me to batten down the hatches & stay indoors making cards – all day if necessary!!

Anyway – on to the card.  This is a different size – 2/3 of an A5 – no doubt there’s a proper name for the size but I tend to call it an A5S (for small), so I know.

I cut a piece of red card just ¼ inch smaller than the main cardstock (hard to see that the red actually isn't the outside border).  Then cut a piece of white cardstock ¼ inch smaller than the red.  I sometimes use a fancy white card for this to add a bit of texture but this one is just plain white heavyweight card.  I wrapped a piece of gold edged ribbon loosely around the lower half – about a third up from the bottom, before matting the white onto the red card. 
 
On top of this I placed a Spellbinders Fancy Florals diecut verse – I’d coloured the floral edging with watered down distress ink again to add a bit of colour.

Finished off with a couple of dark green Spellbinders Holly Accents cut to measure, some K & Company Glad Tidings Poinsettias (K & Company Glad Tidings Poinsettia & Holly Layered Accents ) and some red peel off corners for good measure.

I’ve made a half dozen variations on this theme so far & each has turned out really well, from all green ones, through all red, to using decoupage or other embellishments.  I’ve also used ribbons to good effect, so think I’ll make quite a few more if I’ve time.

Enjoy!








When I pray, you answer me; you encourage me by giving me the strength I need."
Psalm 138:3

No comments:

Post a Comment