Mamie Rae

Friday 16 December 2011

Christmas cards....


Whew – at long last I’ve finally got time & energy to put something onto this blog – it’s been a truly hectic season for me this year as I got badly behind on my Christmas orders through making so many “Specials” and then got a couple of unexpected orders at the outset of the month which took me every spare hour I had.  Others who don’t have health issues might have rattled them off in a day, but for me, everything takes hours & hours longer than it would have even a few years ago, as my arthritis worsens & pain levels increase making sitting painful too.

But anyway, enough of all that.  Since I can’t type much either now, I’m not going to put up all of my latest cards – these are just a couple of standout ones that I enjoyed making – once Christmas is over I’ll put up some of those given to family who visit this blog as I don’t want to spoil their surprise in advance :).

The first card was my 2nd boxed one which again took ages to make and for which I’ve yet to get the tutorial put together, but there are plenty of others out there to use if you search hard enough.  This card has gone to my primary school teacher who’s now the grand age of 95 and still writes as beautifully as she has throughout her life, despite her arthritis.   Apologies for the photo – was rushing on the day to photograph it & it shows.  It was another fairly simple card to make using Craft Creations papers along with a Thomas Kinkade Christmas image which I put plenty of glitter glue onto.   Embellished with the usual bow & charm, WOC flowers, punched border, & foil, diecut sentiment blocks (think these are Kanban from a few years ago).
And then this one I created for my prayer partner’s best friend’s young daughter.  Just for a nice change I used a lovely Morehead decoupage image.  It was just perfect for Rachel and the colours worked in wonderfully too.  Background papers are from the HOTP Forever Christmas paper stack.  The purple one under the image was an offcut from a very old HOTP paper pad.  Flowers from WOC.  Charm & teddy bear from my stash.

Hopefully get some more up shortly, but that’s me for now.   I’m taking a whole week off from making cards next week as everything hurts too much not to.

Have a wonderful, peaceful & blessed Christmas.
Enjoy.

1 comment:

  1. Son unas tarjetas muy bonitas!!!! me encanta la de la caja.

    ReplyDelete