Mamie Rae

Tuesday 11 March 2014

Word Art Wednesday - card #2

This card is one I created for a friend who’s having a bit of a tough time spiritually just now.  She loves green & cream so I used those colours to good effect with the card.    This verse is just typed & printed out to fit into a Spellbinders scallop oval in cream which is then matted onto a green oval which has actually been cut out of a 2nd Spellbinders floral oval (I just cut off the outside section, to ensure it would fit snugly inside the final one).  The final floral oval has then been diecut from greaseproof paper just to be different.  I’d been using this as a shim sometimes & then thought they looked quite nice so started using them rather than discarding (well, you know how we all just LOVE hoarding stuff!!)
Underneath that is a layer of 25 mm cream ribbon & a green punched strip (MS scallop punch I think).  The flowers are all Wild Orchid Crafts, & the decoupage is from my stash.

I’ve done the base similarly to the top, and again just diecut the printed greeting.  All finished off with some adhesive cream pearls and her name in peel-off gold foil letters.

No comments:

Post a Comment