Mamie Rae

Tuesday 23 August 2011

40th Wedding Anniversary card

This card was made for my sister-in-law’s 40th Wedding Anniversary on the 17th.  It proved a bit of a challenge as I had to increase the size of everything – didn’t feel the smaller 5” square card really worked .   So I moved up to the 8” square card size instead and once again used the beautiful Kinkade red roses image as a focal point.   The background was my 1st foray into the Nitwits range with the LuvBugsToo set which was perfect for the purpose.

Once again, the lace & flowers are from Wild Orchid Flowers.  The stop is a computer generated sentiment and the name plate I got off Ebay in a set of white plus colours and overprinted it with their names.   I added a nice little heart charm bought locally for a ridiculously low £1 for 6.   Gems and gold heart diecuts from my stash.

This was a slow card for me to make as I wanted it to be perfect for the occasion, and hopefully they agree that it looks the part.   It cost a lot more to make than the others too as on top of the larger card size which I had to buy because I couldn’t create it myself, I also then had to buy a box to go with it, and they were another challenge to put together, but in the end it also looked lovely as I covered it in red pearlescent paper.
 Enjoy


1 comment: