Mamie Rae

Wednesday 31 August 2011

Another Morehead lassie

Back to my usual Morehead images for this card & this is one of the most beautiful ones I think they’ve done.  Some day I'll take the time to find out the proper names for these images LOL! The girl just reminds me both of my youngest stepdaughter when she was about 5 or 6 and also of a close neighbour’s daughter when she was younger.    It also lends itself so well to the dark green colouring I think. 
 
I once again used the wonderful papers I’d got in the sale at Cutting Edge Crafts as I really love their colours & styles.  Used some stock white ribbon over which I put 2 punched border strips (punched with my trusty MS scroll lace punch)  The image was then decoupaged onto a scallop circle diecut.
Flowers as always from Wild Orchid Crafts – a mixture of sizes & colours to complement the image although I’ve no idea why I used reds in their but they do work for all that.  Used a couple of those wonderful pearl “sticks” I found in my stash to just add some more depth to the flowers.   All finished off with some adhesive pearls.

 
As always the inside is decorated to match. 

Really MUST get stuck into ye olde Christmas cards now so that's me for today :)
Enjoy

No comments:

Post a Comment