Mamie Rae

Saturday 27 August 2011

Tilda & bike

This is my first ever attempt at putting together a stamped card over my usual decoupage.  I’ve been busy practising for weeks now to try and get the colouring right but even in this it’s nowhere near as precise as I’d like.   However, everyone has to start somewhere and despite it not being close to what I want, perfection doesn’t come in a day, especially when your hands hurt like hell and every other bit as well some days.

The image is “Tilda with bike” and is coloured using Copics – afraid I’ve not yet got into the habit of taking note of which ones I’ve used, but that will come.  I also used a couple of watercolour pencils to blend in the pink & blues a bit better, which helped to soften down any shading lines. 

The inside has then been decorated to match the front.  I also used Copics to colour the normally white pearl strips placed in amongst the flowers which just add a bit of extra depth to the card overall and the yellow colour is quite striking, and a quick way to change the colour to match the card.   I really appreciate the huge versatility of these pens!  Since finishing this one I've also done a slightly different one with the same image but in pink - but that's going to be held for a close friend's birthday next year as she's a pink fanatic :)

Papers are from K&Co – Daffodil pad which is now well out of date and rarely available except on Ebay if you're lucky.  The sentiment is a diecut from my stash.  Flowers as always are from Wild Orchid Crafts, as is the lace, & the pink ribbon from my local craft shop.  I used a nice new Nellie's Multi-Frame Die Set - Incire Flower #2 die for the scallops (already had the white circles).  This was my very 1st foray into die-cutting as well, and it proved hugely enjoyable.   It’ll be a while before I can afford to buy Nestabilities to any great degree so in the meantime these cheaper dies work perfectly well.   I still have quite a lot of bought diecut scallops left to play with anyway so no real rush to invest in yet more “pruck” as my late hubby would call my overflowing craft stash :)  

Enjoy

1 comment:

  1. Lovely card. Yellow is one of my favorite colors, but for some reason I shy away from using it. You have used it perfectly. The papers you have used are perect! I see nothing wrong with your coloring.
    Thank you for stopping by my blog.

    ReplyDelete